LEARN ABOUT OUR PROGRAMS
“Never wear your best trousers when you go out to fight for freedom and truth.”
SPREAD THE WORD THAT SLAVERY STILL EXISTS
Copy & paste to send this mail from your own address book!
Subject: Join me and take a stand against slavery
Did you know that slavery/human trafficking is one of the fastest growing criminal industries in the world? It consists of the use of force, fraud, and coercion to subject any foreign or U.S. citizen into forced labor or sexual exploitation. Every year human traffickers generate billions of dollars by exploiting those seeking a better life.
Learn more about VOICES4FREEDOM’s projects, its efforts to end slavery now, and how you can help!
Visit their website today at: http://voices4freedom.org
TALK ABOUT FREEDOM AND SLAVERY EVERY CHANCE YOU GET
For example, at the holidays…
- Fourth of July: The freedoms that the founding fathers in the U.S. fought for are as relevant today as in 1776. Tell others about modern-day salvery and how you are personally helping others to achieve freedom.
- Thanksgiving: If you are thankful for the freedoms you have, use this opportunity to tell other people that there is no better time than now to end slavery and give everyone the chance to enjoy freedom. This is a starting point for a thanks-filled dinner table conversation.
- Passover: Compare the freedom and exodus of the Israelites (Jewish slaves) from Egypt during the reign of the Pharaoh Ramses II and modern day slavery.
- Christmas: Instead of buying sweaters or ties, give the gift of freedom through a donation to VOICES4FREEDOM, and tell your family and friends how great it made you feel.
- Birthdays, Anniversaries, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, Christenings, Tributes, Company Boondoggles, etc.: Come on, any chance you get to be a foot soldier for freedom is an opportunity to help someone live a life with dignity and independence!
GET YOUR COMPANY TO ADD VOICES4FREEDOM TO THEIR MATCHING FUNDS PROGRAM
Link to Us:
Feature a link to http://voices4freedom.org on your website, social profile, or blog.
- Disposable People: New Slavery in the Global Economy, Kevin Bales
- A Crime So Monstrous: Face to Face with Modern-Day Slavery, Ben Skinner
- Ending Slavery How We Free Today’s Slaves, Kevin Bales
Slavery is found in the supply chains of clothes, food, computers, cell phones, chocolates, planes and cars… everything we use and love. So, it is up to us to buy products that are likely to be slave-free and to find out if products are slave-free by asking:
- Where does what you purchase come from?
- Do the brands you buy publish CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) reports?
- Do the brands monitor their suppliers?
- Does the company you work for buy its promotional products from sweatshops?
- Does your school purchase sweatshop-free clothing?
- Buy products that are Fair Trade, Organic and Direct Trade
- Contact the brand. Companies want to know if their customers care about the labor and environmental impact of production. By letting them know you are paying attention, you support their efforts towards positive change in their factories.